The new MW3 map pack is now available for download to those who own a Xbox 360 and a Premium Elite account. So for those who pay the $49.99 price for the premium elite account on Xbox you must be pretty happy right now. However premium elite accounts on PS3 and PC will have to wait, this carrying on the traditional one month or so after Xbox.
Costs of the map pack to non-subscribed premium elite accounts is unknown yet and will probably be available in a month or so.
Activision has released the 2012 DLC schedule for Xbox elite premium members:
- January: Two new maps (Liberation and Piazza)
- February: New map
- March: New map, two new Spec Ops missions
- April: Two new maps
- May: New map, new Spec Ops mission
- June: New map, new Spec Ops mission, new game mode
- July: Two new maps
- August: New map, new Spec Ops mission, new game mode
- September: New map, new Spec Ops mission
Here is the Official trailer for the new MW3 DLC:
Just thought I would share this brilliant trailer with you! I thought the Battlefield live action trailer was good until I saw this! I think the message is that it doesn’t matter if you are a pro or just about to purchase the game, you will still love it! Watch and Learn!
So like many other people I decided to pop down to my local midnight launch of BF3 and looked forward to playing multiplayer as soon as I got back, unfortunately this did not happen! Battlefield with all its preparation has failed at the first hurdle, no players are able to activate the online pass codes so therefore nobody can play. I believe it is a problem on all platforms but I know it has effected Xbox and PS3. This has caused much anger from many players, hundreds of Tweets each minute have been posted showing their disatisfaction with Battlefield.
Looks like a night of the campaign for me!
First blood goes to Modern Warfare 3 and they haven’t even entered the ring yet!
Here is a quick glimpse of the what the weapons screen will look like and what sort of equipment and killstreaks you can select from. I hope you enjoy it. I will post a more in depth video when there is one available.
A few people have been asking me what are the PC requirements for BF3 so just thought I would post them here for anyone wanting to know. Don’t play PC myself so sadly I cannot help you with any questions.
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) 32-Bit
Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ or Althon X2 2.7 GHz)
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 series, with ATI RADEON 3870 or higher performance)
Graphics Card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 series with NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT or higher performance)
Sound card: DirectX compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive
Recommended System Requirements
OS: Windows 7 64-Bit
Processor: Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive
Just thought I would have a little look at the Survival mode that I talked about in my previous post and share the video with you all. It looks very much like a cross between zombies and the Special Ops mode that was on Black Ops and it should provide endless hours of fun. One bit of bad news though…..The Juggernauts are BACK!!! Im sure there will be a few occasions when we will be swearing at the screen because they die!
To begin with I must state that Killstreaks are not referred to as Pointstreaks (see Strike Package Video) but I have covered this in a previous post so lets move onto the good stuff!
Firstly here of the new Death Streak Rewards-
- Juiced - Sounds like it is some form of Speed boost.
- Revenge - Radar shows the last guy who killed you.
- Hollow Points - Your bullets cause more damage for one kill.
- Dead Man’s Hand - Like Martyrdom but you drop C4 upon death.
Here is a list of the new Multiplayer Perks-
- Recon – Explosive damage paints targets on map
- Blind Eye – Air support and sentries can’t detect you
- Assassin – UAV, portable radars, thermal, heartbeat scanners all can’t detect you
- Quickdraw – Aim faster down sights
- Stalker – You derp along much less when aiming
- Marksman – Identify targets at a better range
Here is a list of the new Private Game Modes-
- Infection – The infected kills enemies to recruit them for the infected team.
- Drop Zone – Hold the Drop Zone for Team Points and Care Packages.
- Team Juggernaut – With the support of a juggernaut, kill players on the opposing team. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Juggernaut – Kill the Juggernaut to become the new Juggernaut
- Gun Game – Be the first to dominate with every gun
- One in the Chamber – Gain ammo by eliminating enemies. Be the last to survive.
A new Survival Mode will also be included that is similar to the zombie modes on previous COD games but this will be with waves of enemies that will be trying to kill you instead of zombies.